- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange peel (set aside)
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel (set aside)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon gold edible glitter (optional)
1. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add powdered sugar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in orange juice until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the 1 tablespoon orange peel and remaining flour.
2. Shape dough into 1-1/4-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile in a food processor or a blender container combine the 3/4 cup granulated sugar and the 2 teaspoons orange peel. Cover and process or blend until mixture is combined. Stir in edible glitter, if desired. Roll the baked cookies, still slightly warm, in the sugar mixture. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool. Makes 48 cookies.
- To form a tree shape, stack some of the balls using canned vanilla frosting to hold the layers together. Garnish with narrow strips of lime and lemon peel.
- Servings Per Recipe 48,
- cal. (kcal) 76,
- Fat, total (g) 4,
- chol. (mg) 10,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 10,
- pro. (g) 1,
- sodium (mg) 6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet