Orange-Dark Chocolate Blossoms
- In a large bowl, combine vegetable oil spread and butter. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add sugar, baking powder, and salt. Beat until very light and fluffy, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in egg white. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour and the orange peel. If necessary, cover and chill about 30 minutes or until dough is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 7 to 9 minutes or just until edges are set and bottoms are very lightly browned.
- Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool. Makes about 40 cookies.
From the Test Kitchen
Choose Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 2/3 cup sugar.
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Cut a circle from patterned paper and attach to the lid of a glass jar. Cut holly leaves from green paper and attach leaves to the lid. Glue on red buttons for berries. Apply glue and glitter to cardboard stars. Tie stars and a tag with twine around the lid. Fill jar with cookies and seal.
Nutrition Facts (Orange-Dark Chocolate Blossoms)
- Per serving:
- 82 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 3 mg chol. ,
- 43 mg sodium ,
- 11 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.