- Makes: 96 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cool: 1 min
- Bake: 9 mins to 11 mins 375°F
- In an extra-large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, and baking soda; beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs, milk, and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour and the rolled oats.
- Divide dough into three equal portions. Choose one of the variations below to add to each portion of dough. Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are golden but centers are soft. Cool on the cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool. Makes 96 cookies.
Stir in 1 cup chopped chocolate-covered English toffee or semisweet chocolate pieces and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or hazelnuts (filberts). Continue as directed.
Nutrition Facts per cookie: 273 cal., 13 g total fat (7 g sat. fat), 38 mg chol., 149 mg sodium, 36 g carbo., 2 g fiber, 3 g pro.
Stir in 1 cup raisins or currants, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves. Continue as directed.
Nutrition Facts per cookie: 249 cal., 10 g total fat (6 g sat. fat), 38 mg chol., 149 mg sodium, 38 g carbo., 1 g fiber, 3 g pro.
Stir in 1 cup snipped or chopped gumdrops or candy-coated milk chocolate pieces. Continue as directed.
Nutrition Facts per cookie: 257 cal., 10 g total fat (6 g sat. fat), 38 mg chol., 151 mg sodium, 40 g carbo., 1 g fiber, 3 g pro.
- 235 kcal cal.;
- 10 g Fat, total;
- 38 mg chol.;
- 6 g sat. fat;
- 34 g carb.;
- 1 g fiber;
- 2 g pro.;
- 148 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet