Nutmeg Kisses with White Chocolate Drizzle
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg whites, vanilla, nutmeg, and cream of tartar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
- Transfer meringue to a pastry bag fitted with small star tip. To make each cookie, pipe meringue into 1-1/2-inch stars or kisses 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheet. (Or use a spoon to drop meringue onto parchment.)
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Turn off oven. Let meringues dry in oven with the door closed about 1 hour or until dry and crisp. Transfer to wire racks; let cool. If desired, drizzle with White Chocolate Drizzle. Let drizzle dry. Makes about 40 cookies.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
White Chocolate Drizzle
- In a small saucepan, combine white baking chocolate, shortening, and nutmeg. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until just melted.