Upload your photo here.
No-Bake Chocolate Crunchers
- In a large bowl combine the nuts, cranberries, and crushed cereal. Set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl melt 1 cup of the chocolate pieces on high (100% power) for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring once midway through melting time. Stir until melted and smooth. Using a rubber spatula, scrape melted chocolate over cereal mixture. Mix to evenly coat with chocolate.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the remaining chocolate for 30 seconds, stirring until smooth.
- To assemble each sandwich cookie, spread the flat side of one vanilla wafer with a small amount of melted chocolate. Top with about 1 tsp. of the chocolate-cereal mixture. Brush the flat side of a second wafer with chocolate. Press the two cookies together. Let cookies stand at room temperature to firm. Store at room temperature.
From the Test Kitchen
Position oven rack about 8 inches below broiler. Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil; set aside. Cut 12 large marshmallows in half; set aside. Break each of 12 whole graham cracker planks in quarters. Spread half the quarters with warm chocolate, place on prepared sheet. Top with marshmmallow half. Broil about 2 minutes, until marshmallows are soft and melted, watching closely to prevent burning. Top remaining quarters with chocolate-cereal mixture. While warm, sandwich layers together.
If crunch mixture starts to set up, place in microwave and microcook 15 seconds or until slightly sticky.
Nutrition Facts (No-Bake Chocolate Crunchers)
- Per serving:
- 98 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 4 mg chol.,
- 30 mg sodium,
- 14 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet