No-Bake Butterscotch-Pretzel Bars
- Line a 13x9x2-inch pan with foil. Lightly coat the foil with cooking spray; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, stir together powdered sugar, peanut butter, and melted butter. Stir in 2 cups crushed pretzels. Press mixture firmly into the bottom of prepared pan.
- In a heavy medium saucepan, combine butterscotch pieces and whipping cream. Stir over low heat until pieces are just melted.
- Carefully spoon and spread butterscotch mixture over crumb mixture in pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup coarsely crushed pretzels and the peanuts evenly over butterscotch mixture; press gently.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars to serve. Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts (No-Bake Butterscotch-Pretzel Bars)
- Per serving:
- 166 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 7 mg chol.,
- 154 mg sodium,
- 17 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
cneuhaus5 817 Days Ago
2 stars, firmed up perfectly for me & one of our guests said it was their fave of all our cookies, but too sweet for my taste. I thought the pretzels (crushing them w/a rolling pin was a bit of a pain) I used were not salty enough, so I added salt to the filling, and still didn't do the trick for me.
Sarah LeBuhn 983 Days Ago
I thought these "bars" tasted really delicious. But they didn't hold together like a bar. Even after hours and hours in the fridge, they never really firmed up and could be picked up like an individual treat. Which was really too bad because I thought they tasted really good. I won't be making them again.