Must-Have Chocolate Chip Cookies
Oats, raisins, and peanut butter add a nutritional bonus to traditional chocolate chip cookies.
- Makes: 40 servings
- Yields: 40 cookies
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 10 hrs 350°F per batch
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. In a small bowl, combine raisins and boiling water; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and butter; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar or substitute, egg, cinnamon, vanilla, and baking soda. Beat until combined. Add flour; beat until smooth. Stir oats.
- Drain the raisins; stir raisins and chocolate pieces into oat mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks; let cool. Makes about 40 cookies.
Choose from Splenda Granular or Sugar Twin or Sweet 'N Low packets in bulk. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar. With Sweet 'N Low, you'll get about 34 cookies.
Prepare cookies as directed. Store at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- Per serving:
- 87 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 3 mg chol.,
- 47 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet