These dessert treats have a soft center, crisp outside, and delectable coffee flavor.
- Makes: 30 servings
- Yields: 30 truffles
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 10 mins 350°F
cup butter (no substitutes)
cup semisweet chocolate pieces
tablespoon instant coffee crystals
cup granulated sugar
cup packed brown sugar
teaspoon baking powder
4 1/2 ounce package English toffee pieces
ounces milk chocolate, melted (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degree F. Melt the butter and chocolate pieces in a large saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in coffee crystals; cool 5 minutes. Stir in the granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Stir into coffee mixture. Stir in the toffee pieces. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool 1 minute on cookie sheet. Transfer to wire racks and cool completely. If desired, drizzle with melted milk chocolate; let stand until chocolate is set. Makes 30 truffles.
- To store, place layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature up to 1 week or freeze undrizzled truffles up to 3 months. Thaw, then, if desired, drizzle with melted milk chocolate.
Nutrition Facts (Mocha-Toffee Truffles)
- Per serving:
- 143 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 24 mg chol.,
- 83 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesCandy Recipes, Chocolate Cakes, Chocolate Cookies, Chocolate Desserts, Christmas Recipes, Cookies, Dark Chocolate Desserts, Desserts, Fudge Recipes, Halloween Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Milk Chocolate Desserts, Thanksgiving Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, White Chocolate Desserts