- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1 cup chocolate-covered espresso coffee beans, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine bittersweet chocolate and butter. Microwave on 50 percent power (medium) for 2 to 3 minutes or until melted, stirring twice.
2. Add eggs, brown sugar, coffee liqueur, vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Beat with a wooden spoon until combined. Beat in flour until combined. Stir in dark chocolate chunks, espresso coffee beans, and pecans. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a large cookie sheet. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm and tops are dull and crackled. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool. Makes about 48 cookies.
- Layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.