Mocha Mosaic Cookies
tablespoon coffee liqueur or milk
teaspoons instant espresso powder or instant coffee crystals
teaspoon baking powder
ounce semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
recipe Mosaic Dough
- Stir together coffee liqueur and espresso powder or coffee crystals in a small bowl or custard cup; set aside for a few minutes until coffee is dissolved.
- Beat butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and baking powder; beat until combined. Beat in egg, chocolate, and liqueur mixture until thoroughly combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
- Cover and chill dough about 1 hour or until easy to handle. Shape dough into a 1-3/4-inch square log 10 inches long. Wrap in waxed paper or clear plastic wrap. Chill about 4 hours or until firm, up to 24 hours. Shortly before baking, prepare Mosaic Dough. Place Mosaic Dough in a heavy clear plastic bag.
- Cut dough into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Snip a small corner of Mosaic Dough bag with scissors. Carefully pipe Mosaic Dough in a square coil pattern over cookie slices. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Remove and cool completely on wire racks. Makes 40 cookies.
From the Test Kitchen
Cool cookies completely. In an airtight or freezer container, arrange cookies in a single layer; cover with a sheet of waxed paper. Repeat layers, leaving enough air space to close container easily. Freeze up to 1 month.
tablespoons light cream or milk
- Beat butter in a small bowl on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, and beat until combined. Add light cream or milk. Beat in all-purpose flour until smooth.
Nutrition Facts(Mocha Mosaic Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 74 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 13 mg chol.,
- 36 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet