- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1/2 8 ounce packagecream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup apricot jam or preserves*
- Powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine butter and cream cheese; beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour.
2. Pack unchilled dough into a cookie press fitted with a star or flower plate. Force dough through press 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
4. Just before serving, spoon about 1/4 teaspoon of the apricot jam into the center of each cookie. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes about 84.
- Use kitchen scissors to cut up any large pieces of fruit in the jam or preserves.
- Layer unfilled cookies between pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw cookies, if frozen. Fill as directed in Step 4.