- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- Coarse maple sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar. Beat until mixture is fluffy and light in color, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Beat in vanilla, maple flavoring, and orange peel until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour and the pecans.
2. Divide dough in half. Press one portion of the dough evenly into the bottom of an 8-inch fluted tart pan that has a removable bottom. (Wrap the remaining dough and set aside.) Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Prick every inch or so with the tines of a fork. Cut into 12 wedges, leaving the dough in the pan.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 27 minutes or until top is pale golden brown. Cut into wedges again while warm. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove wedges from pan and cool completely on wire rack. Wash the tart pan and repeat with the remaining dough. Makes 24 wedges.
- Layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.