Lemony Madeleines with Raspberry Ganache
cup butter, melted and cooled
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
tablespoon lemon juice
teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
egg whites, lightly beaten
cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour twenty-four 3-inch madeleine molds; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add melted butter, lemon peel, lemon juice, and vanilla. Beat on low speed until combined.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sprinkle flour mixture over egg yolk mixture; stir in gently. Gently stir in egg whites and pecans. Spoon batter into the prepared molds, filling each about half full.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden and tops spring back when lightly touched. Let stand for 1 minute in molds. Using the tip of a knife, loosen cookies from molds; invert onto a wire rack. Remove molds; cool cookies on wire rack.
- Using a soft brush, brush excess crumbs from cookies. Holding each cookie at an angle, dip halfway into Raspberry Ganache; let excess drip back into pan. Let stand until ganache is set.
cup whipping cream
raspberry-flavor tea bags
ounces finely chopped white baking chocolate with cocoa butter
red paste food coloring
- In a small saucepan, heat whipping cream over low heat just until boiling. Remove from heat. Add tea bags. Let steep for 15 minutes. Discard tea bags. Return cream to boiling. Remove from heat. Immediately stir in baking chocolate until melted. Tint with red paste food coloring. Cool slightly.