- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup French-vanilla- or Irish-cream-flavored instant coffee or cappuccino powder
- 3 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cut up
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped toasted pecans
1. Preheat oven to 325 degree F. In a food processor, combine flour, coffee powder, and 2 tablespoons of the powdered sugar. Pulse until combined. Add butter pieces; pulse until mixture resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling. (Or, use a pastry blender to cut in butter.) Add pecans and pulse until combined. (Or, stir in pecans.) Form dough into a ball, kneading until smooth.
2. Pat or roll dough on a lightly floured surface into an 11x6-inch rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise. Cut each half crosswise into strips about 1 inch wide. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Sprinkle cooled shortbread with the remaining powdered sugar before serving. Makes about 22 sticks.
- Place cookies in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.