- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup finely chopped blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two large cookie sheets with foil. Grease foil; set cookie sheets aside. In a medium heavy saucepan combine sugar, butter, cream, and honey. Cook and stir over low heat about 5 minutes or until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
2. Increase heat and bring mixture to boiling. Brush down side of pan with a damp pastry brush or damp paper towel to prevent sugar from crystallizing. Clip a candy thermometer to side of pan. Cook until thermometer registers 238 degrees F (soft-ball stage). Remove from heat. Quickly stir in oats, almonds, ginger, flour, and lemon peel.
3. Drop dough by tablespoons 3 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Dip tines of a fork into cold water and press top of each cookie to flatten. Bake on separate racks for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown and set, switching cookie sheets halfway through baking.
4. Cool completely on cookie sheets. Gently lift cookies from foil. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Let stand until chocolate is set.
- Servings Per Recipe 36,
- cal. (kcal) 113,
- Fat, total (g) 7,
- carb. (g) 2,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet