Honey sweetens these mini cookies, which are rolled in powdered sugar after baking to give them their bright white color.
- Makes: 40 servings
- Yields: about 20 dozen small cookies (40 servings)
- Prep: 40 mins
- Chill: 1 hr
- Bake: 6 mins 350°F per batch
- In a small saucepan, combine honey and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until butter melts. Remove from heat. Pour mixture into a large bowl and cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, granulated sugar, ginger, baking soda, and if desired, pepper. Set aside.
- Stir egg into cooled honey mixture. Gradually stir in flour mixture until combined; knead in the last of the flour mixture by hand, if necessary. Cover and chill about 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Divide dough into 12 portions.* On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 10-inch-long rope. Cut ropes into 1/2-inch pieces. Place pieces 1/2 inch apart in an ungreased shallow baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until tops are very lightly browned. Transfer cookies to paper towels to cool. Roll in powdered sugar. Makes about 20 dozen small cookies (40 servings).
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
To divide dough into 12 equal portions, shape dough into a 12-inch long log; cut log into 1-inch pieces.
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition facts are given per serving which is 6 tiny cookies.
Nutrition Facts (Honey-Ginger Bites)
- Per serving:
- 56 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 8 mg chol.,
- 26 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 0 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet