These kid-friendly snowmen cookies are fun to make and give during Christmas. Call on this cookie recipe to be creative for winter birthdays, snow days, or anytime kids gather for cooking and crafting projects.
- Yields: 18 snowmen
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 8 mins to 10 mins 375°F
18 ounce roll refrigerated chocolate chip, sugar, or peanut butter cookie dough
cup sifted powdered sugar
Miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- Cut cookie dough into 18 equal pieces. Divide each dough piece into 3 balls: one large (about 1-1/4 inches in diameter), one medium (about 1 inch in diameter), and one small (about 3/4 inch in diameter). Assemble each set of balls 1/4 inch apart in a snowman shape on an ungreased cookie sheet, placing the largest balls 2 inches apart so the snowmen don't bake together.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
- For glaze, in a small mixing bowl stir together powdered sugar, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon of the milk. Stir in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make glaze of drizzling consistency. Spoon glaze over snowmen. Decorate as desired with gumdrops and/or chocolate pieces. Makes 18 snowmen.
Nutrition Facts (Holiday Snowmen)
- Per serving:
- 148 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 7 mg chol.,
- 59 mg sodium,
- 23 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet