- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 18 ounce packagerefrigerated sugar or chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 recipeRoyal Icing (see recipe below)
- Miniature semisweet chocolate pieces, miniature candy-coated milk chocolate pieces, and/or gumdrops
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut cookie dough into 15 equal pieces. Divide each dough piece into graduated-size balls: about 1 inch, 3/4 inch, and 1/2 inch in diameter. On an ungreased large cookie sheet, arrange each set of balls into a snowman shape, placing balls 1/4 inch apart and snowmen at least 3 inches apart.
2. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
3. Spread cooled cookies with Royal Icing. Decorate as desired with chocolate pieces and/or candies.
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 16 ounce packagepowdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1. In a mixing bowl, combine meringue powder and warm water. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and cream of tartar. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined; beat on high speed for 7 to 10 minutes or until very stiff. When not using icing, keep it covered with plastic wrap. If necessary, thin icing with a little water.