- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 egg whites
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 cups chopped hickory nuts, black walnuts, or toasted pecans
1. In a large mixing bowl beat egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff, but not dry, peaks form. Gradually add powdered sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time, beating at medium speed just until combined. Then beat 1 to 2 minutes more or until well combined. Fold in the nuts by hand.
2. Drop mixture by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto parchment-lined or foil-lined cookie sheets (grease foil).
3. Bake in a 325 degree F oven about 15 minutes or until edges are very light brown.* Transfer cookies to wire racks and let cool. Store in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- It is normal for these cookies to split around the edges as they bake.
- You will need stickers in desired shapes and colors, plastic Chinese food container (available in paper supply stores), tissue paper, noisemaker, and curling ribbon. First decide on the arrangement of the stickers. Apply stickers to the sides of the container. Line box with tissue paper and fill with macaroons. Tie noisemaker to container's handle using a ribbon. To curl ribbon, carefully pull ribbon across a scissors blade.
- Add stickers to the outside edges of the tissue paper for a more decorative liner.
- Servings Per Recipe 36,
- cal. (kcal) 89,
- Fat, total (g) 4,
- carb. (g) 12,
- pro. (g) 1,
- sodium (mg) 6,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet