A cookie pizza becomes a spooky cemetery when decorated with cookie tombstones, candy eyes, and jelly worms.
- Makes: 16 servings
- Prep: 45 mins
- Bake: 8 mins to 12 mins 350°F
- Freeze: 5 hrs
18 ounce refrigerated sugar-cookie dough
3 1/2 ounce container vanilla pudding
cups chocolate cookie crumbs or 20 chocolate sandwich cookies with white filling, finely crushed
Assorted whole vanilla wafers, graham crackers, and/or chocolate-filled oval shortbread cookies
Black, green, red, and white decorator gel icing
Assorted candies, such as fruit-flavored jelly worms, candy-coated chocolate-covered peanuts, and gumdrops
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12-inch pizza pan or 3 baking sheets. With lightly floured hands, pat the cookie dough into prepared pizza pan. If using baking sheets, divide dough into thirds and pat each third into a 7-inch circle onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes for pizza pan or 8 to 10 minutes for smaller circles of dough, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
- Spread vanilla pudding over baked cookie. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Cover and chill.
- Meanwhile, decorate cookie tombstones. Press cookies into pudding layer of pizza. If necessary, support back of cookies with some of the candies. Decorate "graveyard" with candies. Create peering eyes with candy-coated chocolate peanuts; make shoes, feet, and hands with gumdrops; and arrange jelly worms. Cover and chill up to 4 hours before serving. Makes 16 to 20 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Haunted Pizza)
- Per serving:
- 291 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 10 mg chol.,
- 277 mg sodium,
- 41 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet