Golden Butterscotch Icebox Cookies
cups packed dark brown sugar
teaspoon baking soda
cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, salt, and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour and the pecans.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each portion of dough into an 8-inch-long roll. Wrap rolls in plastic wrap or waxed paper and chill about 2 hours or until dough is firm enough to slice.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Cut rolls into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place slices 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts(Golden Butterscotch Icebox Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 93 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 14 mg chol.,
- 61 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet