- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup coarsely ground macadamia nuts (3 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in 1/2 cup powdered sugar, vanilla, and ground ginger until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour, nuts, and crystallized ginger with a wooden spoon.
2. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in sesame seeds. Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake about 15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks; let cool.