- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped dried fruit (such as raisins, apricots, cranberries, dates, prunes, cherries and/or pineapple)
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon brandy or orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine coconut, pecans, dried fruit, chocolate pieces, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in egg whites, brandy, and vanilla. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake in a preheated oven about 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely on cookie sheets on wire racks. Peel cookies from parchment paper. Makes about 24 cookies.
- Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or freeze up to 3 months.