Frozen Coco-Coffee Bites
- Line 24 (1 3/4-inch) mini muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. Dissolve espresso powder in boiling water; set aside.
- For crust, in a medium-size nonstick skillet melt butter over medium-low heat. When bubbling, add coconut. Cook and stir until coconut is toasted and golden brown. Stir in graham cracker or cookie crumbs. Remove pan from heat.
- Spoon 1 tsp. crust mixture into each muffin cup; press firmly to pack. Place muffin tins in freezer. Keep remaining crust mixture at room temperature to use for topping.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium bowl beat cream cheese with a sturdy spatula until softened, smooth, and creamy, Beat in the sugar, cinnamon, and salt until smooth and well blended. Beat in vanilla and espresso.
- Evenly spoon filling into crust in each muffin cup. Top each cup with a pinch of reserved crust mixture. With a fingertip, gently press topping into filling. Freeze about 1 hour, until firm.
From the Test Kitchen
Use the back of a teaspoon or a pestle to press the crust mixture firmly into the muffin cups.
Nutrition Facts (Frozen Coco-Coffee Bites)
- Per serving:
- 62 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 12 mg chol. ,
- 30 mg sodium ,
- 4 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.