- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder (or 2 tsp. instant coffee granules)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter (2 oz.)
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker or shortbread-type cookie crumbs
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Line 24 (1 3/4-inch) mini muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. Dissolve espresso powder in boiling water; set aside.
2. For crust, in a medium-size nonstick skillet melt butter over medium-low heat. When bubbling, add coconut. Cook and stir until coconut is toasted and golden brown. Stir in graham cracker or cookie crumbs. Remove pan from heat.
3. Spoon 1 tsp. crust mixture into each muffin cup; press firmly to pack. Place muffin tins in freezer. Keep remaining crust mixture at room temperature to use for topping.
4. Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium bowl beat cream cheese with a sturdy spatula until softened, smooth, and creamy, Beat in the sugar, cinnamon, and salt until smooth and well blended. Beat in vanilla and espresso.
5. Evenly spoon filling into crust in each muffin cup. Top each cup with a pinch of reserved crust mixture. With a fingertip, gently press topping into filling. Freeze about 1 hour, until firm.
- Use the back of a teaspoon or a pestle to press the crust mixture firmly into the muffin cups.
- cal. (kcal) 62,
- Fat, total (g) 5,
- chol. (mg) 12,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 4,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 1,
- sugar (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 1,
- vit. A (IU) 146,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 30,
- Potassium (mg) 26,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet