Decorate a batch of cookies with a rainbow of edible glitter colors. Look for edible glitter in specialty bake shops, the Internet, or mail-order catalogs.
- Makes: 36 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 20 mins 325°F
cup granulated sugar
cup chopped pecans
cup sifted powdered sugar
Green, pink, and purple edible cake sparkles or colored sugar
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the granulated sugar; beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in water and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour and the chopped pecans.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 325 degree F oven 20 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool completely.
- In each of three bowls place 1/3 cup of the sifted powdered sugar. Add a different color of edible cake sparkles or colored sugar to each bowl. Gently roll and shake cooled cookies in desired powdered sugar mixture. Makes 36.
Nutrition Facts (Frosty Snowballs)
- Per serving:
- 110 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 14 mg chol.,
- 52 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet