- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup pecan pieces or walnut halves
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, chilled and cut up
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 12 ounce package semisweet chocolate pieces (2 cups)
1. Place steel blade in work bowl of food processor*. Add nuts. Chop coarsely with several on-off turns; remove and set aside. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla to work bowl. Process until creamy. Add flour and baking soda; process just until mixed in. Stir in nuts and chocolate pieces.
2. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 375-degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheet 1 minute. Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool. Makes 48.
- Only standard-size food processors (not the mini ones) work for this recipe.
- Prepare cookies as directed. Store in a tightly covered container for up to 3 days.
- cal. (kcal) 130,
- Fat, total (g) 7,
- chol. (mg) 9,
- carb. (g) 16,
- pro. (g) 1,
- sodium (mg) 78,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet