- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg or 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white baking pieces (12 ounces)
- Pecan halves (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, nutmeg, and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in pumpkin, egg, and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour. Stir in white baking pieces.
2. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. If desired, press a pecan half gently onto each cookie. Bake in the preheated oven for 11 to 14 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool.
- Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.