- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/4 cup light-colored corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- Frosting (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon butter or margarine
1. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Grease the waxed paper with the 1/2 teaspoon butter or margarine. Set aside.
2. Put the chocolate pieces, corn syrup, and the 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in a heavy medium saucepan. Put pan on burner. Turn burner to low heat. Cook until chocolate and butter are melted, stirring all the time with a wooden spoon. Turn off burner. Remove pan from burner. Or, put chocolate pieces, corn syrup, and butter or margarine in a 1-1/2-quart microwave-safe casserole. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 1 minute or until chocolate and butter are melted, stirring once.
3. Add the rice cereal to the melted chocolate mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until the cereal is evenly coated with chocolate.
4. Turn the chocolate-coated cereal out onto the prepared cookie sheet. Pat it into a 12x6-inch rectangle. Chill about 20 minutes or until slightly firm.
5. Cut cereal mixture into heart shapes with a heart-shaped cookie cutter. Decorate with frosting, if you like. Chill until firm; wrap each heart in plastic wrap. Chill until serving time. Makes 8 or 9 three-inch hearts.
- Prepare as directed and chill up to 2 days.
- cal. (kcal) 193,
- Fat, total (g) 9,
- chol. (mg) 8,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 31,
- pro. (g) 2,
- sodium (mg) 147,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet