- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 18 1/4 ounce package German chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup purchased coconut-pecan frosting
- Flaked coconut, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, melted butter, milk, and egg. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until well mixed. Stir in cereal and the 1/4 cup coconut.
2. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet. Transfer to a wire rack; cool. Frost with the coconut-pecan frosting. Sprinkle cookies with toasted coconut. Makes about 40 cookies.
- Layer unfrosted cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw cookies; frost and sprinkle with coconut before serving.