- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 16 ounce can vanilla frosting
- 1/2 teaspoon orange, cherry, lemon, almond or anise extract (optional)
- 3 - 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Desired color paste food coloring
- Small cookies with white filling such as chocolate sandwich cookies, peanut butter sandwich cookies, and/or miniature multicolored vanilla wafers
- Black string licorice, jellied orange slices, yellow sprinkles, small decorative candies, and/or multicolored nonpareils
1. Reserve 3 tablespoons of frosting; cover and set aside. In a medium bowl combine remaining frosting, desired extract (if using), and 2 cups powdered sugar. Knead in enough of the remaining powdered sugar to make a moderately firm claylike mixture. Divide into portions and knead in desired color food coloring. Keep mixture covered when not using.
2. Make creative creepy crawlers, using clay mixture, cookies, and assorted candies. Attach pieces with reserved frosting. Makes 3 to 4 dozen crawlers.