- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 cups cranberry-vanilla crunch cereal
- 1 1/2 cups tiny marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts (toasted, if desired) or mixed nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/4 pounds vanilla-flavor candy coating, cut up
1. Line two cookie sheets with waxed paper; set aside. In a microwave-safe large bowl, stir together cereal, marshmallows, nuts, and cranberries; set aside.
2. In a heavy medium saucepan, melt candy coating over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Pour melted candy coating over cereal mixture; stir gently to coat. Quickly drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheets. (If mixture sets up in the bowl, microwave on 100 percent power [high] about 30 seconds or just until mixture is soft enough to drop by rounded teaspoons. Stir.) Let cookies stand about 1 hour or until set. Makes 60 drops.
- Layer drops between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Prepare as directed, except substitute one 8-ounce package Turtle or Peanut Butter party mix, such as Chex Mix® brand,for the cereal, marshmallows, nuts, and cranberries, and substitute 10 ounces chocolate-flavored candy coating for the vanilla-flavored candy coating. Makes 36 drops.