- For filling, in a blender container or food processor bowl combine cranberries, pecans, and brown sugar. Cover and blend or process until cranberries and nuts are finely chopped; set filling aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and orange peel until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill dough about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll half of the dough between pieces of parchment or waxed paper into a 10-inch square. Spread half of the filling over dough square to within 1/2 inch of edges; roll up dough. Moisten edges; pinch to seal. Wrap in parchment paper or plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- Cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices . Place slices 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 375 degrees degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Makes about 60 cookies
Nutrition Facts (Cranberry-Orange Pinwheels)
- Per serving:
- 89 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 16 mg chol. ,
- 58 mg sodium ,
- 11 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.
DaveCK94 16 Days Ago
The best cookies I've ever made. It's takes a bit of time but it's worth it. My only suggestion would be to make the dough first, let it cool for the 5 or 24 hours and then make the filling. :D
Rebecca Blaha 359 Days Ago
Love these cookies. Great cranberry and orange flavor and not overly sweet.
Lindsay Campbell 1457 Days Ago
These cookies are definitely amazing. My only complaint is that they tend to crumble.... I'm sure there's an adjustment you can make to the recipe, but I would have no idea where to start. I guess that I will just have to eat them all before they have a chance to crumble!