- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice or orange juice
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Orange Frosting (see recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. In a large mixing bowl stir together the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
2. Stir egg and juice into flour mixture. Stir in cranberries and almonds.
3. Drop dough by a rounded teaspoon 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool. Drizzle Orange Frosting over top of each cookie. Makes 32 cookies.
- Place in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days. Freeze undrizzled cookies for up to 3 months. Thaw, then drizzle cookies.
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1 - 2 tablespoons orange juice
1. In a small mixing bowl stir together sifted powdered sugar, finely shredded orange peel, and enough orange juice to make a frosting of drizzling consistency.