- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 18 ounce package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- fresh sage leaves
- apricot preserves or orange marmalade
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together one 18-ounce roll or package refrigerated sugar cookie dough; 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal; 1/2 teaspoon dried sage, crushed; and 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel until combined. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheet. Press your thumb into the center of each ball to make an indentation. If desired, place a very small fresh sage leaf into each indentation. Fill each indentation with about 1/4 teaspoon apricot preserves or orange marmalade.
2. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are lightly golden around edges. Cool for 1 minutes on cookie sheet. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Makes about 40 cookies.
- Layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.