- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chili peppers, drained
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
1. Lightly grease a cookie sheet; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add chili peppers, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs. Beat in cornmeal and as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon or your hands, stir or knead in any remaining flour.
3. Divide dough in half. Shape each half of dough into a 9-inch-long loaf. Place about 5 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Flatten slightly to 3 inches wide.
4. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until light brown. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 hour.
5. Transfer loaves to a cutting board. Cut each loaf diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place slices, cut side down, on the cookie sheet. Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 15 minutes. Turn slices over and bake 15 minutes more or until cookies are dry and crisp. Transfer to a wire rack; cool. Makes 28 cookies.
- Servings Per Recipe 28,
- cal. (kcal) 76,
- Fat, total (g) 4,
- chol. (mg) 24,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 8,
- pro. (g) 3,
- sodium (mg) 109,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet