- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together coconut, sugar, flour, and salt. Stir in egg whites and almond extract. Drop coconut mixture by teaspoons 1 inch apart onto prepared cookie sheets, making 3/4- to 1-inch mounds. Lightly flour your thumb and press into the center of each mound to make an indentation.
- Bake in preheated oven about 20 minutes or until edges are golden. If necessary, use the rounded side of a teaspoon to press indentations again. Cool cookies completely on cookie sheets. Carefully remove cookies from cookie sheets.
- In a heavy small saucepan, heat and stir candy coating over low heat until melted. Carefully dip the bottom of each cooled cookie into the melted candy coating, letting excess drip off. Place cookies, candy coating sides up, on parchment paper or waxed paper; let stand about 30 minutes or until candy coating sets.
- To fill cookies, just before serving, spoon about 1/4 teaspoon of the preserves into the indentation in each cookie. Makes about 40 cookies.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer unfilled cookies between pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw cookies, if frozen. Fill as directed in Step 5.
Nutrition Facts (Coconut-Raspberry Delights)
- Per serving:
- 63 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 33 mg sodium ,
- 9 g carb. ,
- 1 g pro.