- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or hazelnuts
- 1 1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes or wheat cereal flakes
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a quart jar, layer granulated sugar, nuts, coconut, crushed cornflakes, brown sugar, and oats. In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to jar. Fasten lid; attach directions for making cookies to jar (below).
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a mixing bowl stir together the contents of the jar. Add 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 lightly beaten egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix until well combined. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool. Makes 36 cookies.