- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups whole almonds, toasted*
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 14 ounce package flaked coconut
- 1 14 ounce can (1 1/4 cups) sweetened condensed milk
- 18 ounces dark chocolate pieces, melted**
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Place graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup of the almonds, and the brown sugar in a food processor. Cover and process until almonds are finely chopped. Add butter; cover and pulse with four or five on-off turns or until mixture is well combined. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes.
2. Combine coconut and sweetened condensed milk in a medium bowl. Spread mixture evenly over crust. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup almonds evenly over coconut layer. Bake for 10 minutes.
3. Spread melted chocolate evenly over top of baked mixture. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. (If desired, chill in the refrigerator until the chocolate is set.) Cut into bars. Makes 36 bars.
- To toast nuts, spread them in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until nuts are slightly golden brown, stirring once or twice.
- To melt dark chocolate pieces, place chocolate pieces in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 50 percent power (medium) about 3 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring once or twice.
- Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.