- In bowl beat butter with electric mixer 30 seconds. Beat in 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon, ginger, and 1/8 teaspoon salt until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in flour. Divide dough in half. Cover; chill about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine the 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon. On lightly floured surface, roll half the dough at a time to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with 3-inch scalloped cookie cutter. Cut out centers with 1-inch scalloped cutter. Place cutouts on ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar mixture. Press candy pieces into dough.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely. Decorate with Frosting. Makes 18 to 20 cookies.
- In small saucepan melt white baking chocolate and shortening over low heat. Stir in a few drops green food coloring.
Nutrition Facts (Cinnamon Wreaths)
- Per serving:
- 216 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 33 mg chol.,
- 118 mg sodium,
- 29 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 17 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet