Christmas Ribbon Cookies
- Beat butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and baking powder and beat well. Add egg, vanilla, and lemon or orange extract. Beat until well combined. Beat in as much flour as you can. Stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
- Divide dough into three portions. Tint one portion pink with a few drops of red food coloring and one portion light green with a few drops of green food coloring. Leave the remaining portion plain. Do not chill dough.
- Pack dough into a cookie press, placing pink dough on one side, green on the other, and plain in the center. Using the ribbon plate, force dough through press onto ungreased cookie sheets. Cut into 2- to 3-inch lengths.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges of cookies are firm but not brown. Remove cookies and cool on wire racks. Makes about 60.
From the Test Kitchen
Bake and cool cookies completely. In an airtight or freezer container, arrange cookies in a single layer; cover with a sheet of waxed paper. Repeat layers, leaving enough air space to close container easily. Freeze up to 1 month.
Nutrition Facts (Christmas Ribbon Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 79 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 16 mg chol.,
- 54 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet