Chocolate Santa's Sandwiches
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In large mixing bowl beat butter on medium to high 30 seconds. Add sugars; beat until well-combined. Beat in cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add vanilla. Beat in egg. Beat in as much flour as you can; stir in remaining by hand.
- Divide dough in three portions. Shape each portion in 8-inch log about 1-1/2 inches in diameter. (For small cookies shape dough in 9-inch logs about 1 inch in diameter.) Wrap in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Freeze 2 to 3 hours or until firm enough to slice.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut logs in 1/4-inch slices. Place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool 1 to 2 minutes on baking sheets. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely.
- Spread the flat side of half the large cookies with 2 teaspoons Raspberry Filling (use 1 teaspoon filling for small cookies). Top with remaining cookies. Makes 30 large/38 small sandwiches.
- In small saucepan melt white chocolate over medium-low heat; cool. Meanwhile, in large mixing bowl beat butter until creamy. Beat in raspberry preserves and vanilla. Gradually beat in powdered sugar and cooled white chocolate. Add whipping cream until spreadable.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate Santa's Sandwiches)
- Per serving:
- 187 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 20 mg chol.,
- 80 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 28 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet