- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 - 4 tablespoons raspberry, strawberry, apricot or other flavor jam or preserves
- 1 9 ounce package chocolate wafers (40 cookies)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2 teaspoons shortening
1. Spread 1/2 teaspoon jam evenly over the flat side of each of 20 wafers. Top with the remaining 20 wafers, flat sides down. Place filled cookies on a wire rack set over waxed paper.
2. For icing, in a large glass measuring cup, combine chocolate pieces and shortening. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
3. Spoon and gently spread icing over the top of each cookie, letting excess drip onto waxed paper. Let stand until icing is set. Loosely cover and store in refrigerator. Serve cookies the same day. Makes 20 cookie bites.