- Makes: 32 servings
- Yields: about 32 cookies
- Prep: 35 mins
- Bake: 20 mins 325°F per batch
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Shortbread Bites
cups all-purpose flour
cup unsweetened cocoa powder
cup butter, cut up
cup creamy peanut butter
cup semisweet chocolate pieces
cup peanut butter-flavor pieces
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a food processor, combine flour, sugar, and cocoa powder. Cover and process with on/off pulses until combined. Add butter and peanut butter. Cover and process with on/off pulses just until mixture starts to cling. Remove dough and form into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough until 1/2 inch thick. Using 1- to 2-inch cookie cutters, cut dough into desired shapes. Place cutouts 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until set. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack set over waxed paper; cool.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate pieces and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the shortening. Microwave, uncovered, on 50 percent power (medium) about 2 minutes or until melted, stirring once. In another small microwave-safe bowl, combine peanut butter pieces and the remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening. Microwave, uncovered, on 50 percent power (medium) about 2 minutes or until melted, stirring once. Drizzle melted chocolate and melted peanut butter pieces on tops of cookies. Let stand until set. Makes about 32 cookies.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.