- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 6 ounce package (1 cup) semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Pastel cream mint kisses
1. In a small bowl, stir together flour and baking soda; set aside. In a medium saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, and water. Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted. Add chocolate pieces; cook and stir until chocolate is melted. Pour mixture into a large bowl; cool for 10 minutes.
2. Using a wooden spoon, stir egg into chocolate mixture. Stir in flour mixture until combined. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours or until dough is easy to handle.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 8 minutes. Immediately place a mint kiss on top of each cookie. Bake about 2 minutes more or until edges are set. If desired, gently swirl the melted mints with a table knife. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool until melted mints are firm. Makes about 48 cookies.