- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 18 ounce refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts (filberts) or almonds
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup purchased chocolate-hazelnut spread
- Candy sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, knead together the cookie dough and flour until combined. Shape 1-tablespoon pieces of dough into balls. Place nuts in a shallow dish. Place milk in another shallow dish. Roll dough balls in milk and then in nuts. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Press your thumb into the center of each ball to make an indentation.
2. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Place chocolate-hazelnut spread in a resealable plastic bag; snip off one of the corners. Pipe spread into each indentation. Sprinkle cookies with candy sprinkles. Makes about 30 cookies.
- Do not pipe the chocolate-hazelnut spread onto the cookies. Pack the plastic bag of spread with the cookies. Add instructions to snip off one corner of the bag with scissors and pipe spread into center of each cookie. Suggest adding the candy sprinkles.
- Place unfilled cookies in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Or freeze for up to 3 months.; then thaw cookies, fill, and decorate.