- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 9 ounce package devils food cake mix
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together cake mix, cocoa powder, chipotle chili powder, egg, and butter until all is moistened (dough will be stiff).
2. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place milk in a shallow dish. Place nuts in another shallow dish. Dip balls in milk, then in nuts to coat. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 9 minutes or until tops are crackled. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Makes about 20.
- Place cookies in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 24 hours or freeze for up to 3 months.