Cherry Holiday Bars
cup quick-cooking rolled oats
cup packed brown sugar
cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
teaspoon baking soda
cup canola oil
cups cherry, raspberry, or strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, oats, brown sugar, pecans, lemon peel, and baking soda. Stir in applesauce and oil; mix well. If necessary, knead by hand to combine. Measure 1 cup of the oat mixture; set aside.
- Press the remaining oat mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Carefully spread the preserves evenly over the hot crust. Sprinkle with the reserved oat mixture; pat gently into preserves. Bake about 30 minutes more or until top is lightly browned. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Using the edges of the foil, lift the uncut bars out of the pan. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts(Cherry Holiday Bars)
- Per serving:
- 147 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 21 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 15 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet