- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 18 ounce package refrigerated gingerbread cookie dough or sugar cookie dough
- 3/4 cup dried tart red cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds*
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large resealable plastic bag combine cookie dough, cherries, and almonds; seal bag. Using your hands, squeeze and knead dough mixture together in the bag until combined. Remove dough from bag. Drop by teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown around edges. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
- * To toast almonds, spread nuts in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until nuts are light golden brown, stirring once or twice.
- Layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.