- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease baking sheets; set aside. In a large bowl, combine shredded cheese and butter; let stand until room temperature (about 1 hour). Beat with an electric mixer until well mixed. Stir in flour, cornmeal, salt, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg. Divide dough in half.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll each dough half into a 12x4-inch rectangle. Using a sharp knife, slice dough into 4x1/2-inch pieces.
3. Place dough pieces 1/2 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake about 15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack; cool. Makes 48 crackers.