cup miniature marshmallows
cup chopped pecans or almonds
cup golden raisins
cup dried tart red cherries
pound vanilla-flavored candy coating, cut up
Purchased frosting (optional)
- Line a large cookie sheet with foil or waxed paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cornflakes, marshmallows, nuts, raisins, and cherries.
- In a heavy medium saucepan melt candy coating over low heat, stirring often. Pour melted candy coating over cereal mixture. Stir gently until well coated.
- Drop mixture by 1/4-cup measure onto the prepared cookie sheet. Flatten mixture slightly to form circles about 2 inches wide. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, make a 3/4-inch hole in the center of each cookie, spreading the cookies to about 3 inches in diameter. When cool, decorate with frosting, if desired. Makes about 15 cookies.
From the Test Kitchen
Place wreaths in an airtight container with waxed paper between layers. Seal and store at room temperature up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts(Cereal Wreaths)
- Per serving:
- 234 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 mg chol.,
- 113 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet